April 22, 2010

Joni


Every now and again I'll be featuring a 'surfer joe' I know or meet on the beach. I've been meaning for a while to do a profile on Joni. He surfs a lot and surfs well. Whenever I see him surf I see someone who really surfs for the pure fun of it.


Joni Dytor
Surfing since: Pretty much 2006, I surfed before then but not really. I was 16 and everyone surfed in high school, now days not so much which kinda sucks.
Likes riding: Planks with 3 little fins on them, nothing fancy. I like dings and holes as well, they go faster.
Likes to surf: Long right handers like the Maldives.
One day: I'd like to surf the Andaman Islands near India and I really want to get to Papua New Guinea too.
Along the way: I've learned if you stay out long enough you get sunburnt... and that people are happier when they surf - except the angry ones who totally rip in 1' closeouts : )


No comments:

Post a Comment